Alright, young historians. Let the research begin . . .
Task 1: Video Visits.
You all have been divided into groups according to your choices. I want you to:
- Visit the YouTube video about your empire.
- By yourself: What impressed you most about this empire?
- With your group: What would it have been like to be a visitor to this empire? How would you feel?
- Discuss these questions with your group. Be prepared to share with the class.
Islamic Empire Video
Task 2: Role Time.
Just like every other newspaper, from the New York Times to the New York Post, each group member will have a different job.
- Read the descriptions of jobs Mr. Matthew has passed out.
- Think about what your strengths are.
- Discuss with your group who will take what job.
- Record the job assignments in the sign-up sheet that Mr. Matthew is carrying.
Task 3: Department Assignments.
Next, each of you is responsible for writing one article on a particular topic. With your group:
- View the article menu below.
- Decide who will cover what department assignment.
- Record these department assignments in the second sign-up sheet that Mr. Matthew is carrying.
1. Important Events 2. Art and Architecture 3. Science and Technology 4. Famous People
Read this document on Scribd: CTGE59100EmpireProjectMenu