Before we begin, let’s have a look at look at some artifacts from each of these empires. Then you will have a better idea of which empire you would like to study.
- Find a partner.
- Visit each of these locations.
Metropolitan Museum of Art: Islamic site
- With your partner, choose two artifacts from each empire.
- Describe the artifact. Record your answers in your History Journal.
- What does it look like? (Color, shape, size, texture.)
- What do you think it was used for? Where would it be placed? What can it tell you about the empire?
- Remember the work we did with ancient artifacts from Mesopotamia and Egypt. You will use the same skills here.
Task 2: Reading
- Find a different partner.
- Complete a popcorn reading for each of the short texts I have provided you. These are from our Longman History text.
- For each text write down in your History Journal:
- One interesting fact.
- One question you have.
Task 3: Choosing your empire. (This one you have to do by yourself.)
Now that you’ve had a chance to preview these two Great Empires you can choose one to research.
- Go to the survey website and answer the questions.
- Answer these questions by yourself. (Don’t worry about what your friend is choosing.)